Class warfare in the information age

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Sun Aug 27 21:10:16 PDT 2000

Tricking the plants is very tough to do.

When I say we, of course I was silent most of the time, listening and learning.

Chuck Grimes =======

"tricking" the ruling class is even harder :-)

They aren't going to be "moved" by a better argument especially if on the plane of theory/policy/ whatever, the arguments are interminable. Politics isn't like physics and cultures are not experiments. Adjudicating rival claims on how to create a better society with quantification is the old Leibnizian dream. Even the metaphor of "forcing" them to change is misleading. Perhaps the only way to transcend zoon politikon is to morph a la Vonnegut's "Galapagos" and given reservations about GEing posthumanism we've got a lot of politics ahead....so settle in for some fun and pain; exploring and struggling with how to create justice can be just as engaging as struggling to understand the beauty of plants and everything else that makes life rich with possibilities.

Ian