Class warfare in the information age

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Mon Aug 28 17:57:28 PDT 2000

Sorry to be late in responding. You and your fellow students were searching after the "truth." You did not have your ego involved in the outcome. Would the lab results have been enough to make your friends drop a strongly held belief?

Chuck Grimes wrote:

> I had been recalling informal sessions in plant science, lunch time
> discussions in the lab and after dinner, laying around on the carpet
> drinking beer and talking. In these contexts argument or developing an
> idea in a given direction would usually end in a kind of speculative
> silence. But specific lab results and their interpretation could carry
> an argument or discussion over days at a time. If a particular view
> seemed worth it, we would take a look see---go test it. --

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University Chico, CA 95929

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu