Finkelstein's background

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Tue Aug 29 11:18:39 PDT 2000

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Yes, we Americans are so saintly. Three million dead Indochinese?
> Just a little overzealous police action. A million dead Iraqis? The
> price is worth it, says our Secretary of State. Slavery and genocide?
> Ancient history, of no relevance to us. Because we're Americans,
> God's other chosen people.

80% of Americans thought it was unfair when Lieutentant William Calley was convicted for war crimes in the My Lai massacre -- after *photographs* were published in Life magazine.

Other countries are supposed to express contrition for their governments' crimes. Go ask a random American if he's ready to say he's sorry for what his country did to Indochina. Most likely he'll say it's the *Vietnamese* who should be apologizing to *us*.

Seth