Anti-Depressants

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Tue Aug 29 16:57:30 PDT 2000

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Dace wrote:

> If there's a disorder, it therefore resides in the ego. In
> my case it's located in the affect. For some it's in the
> brain, for others in a kind of superconsciousness we call
> "psychosis." I'm sure you find this all wondrously
> entertaining as well as educational.

Apparently you did not clear this text full of Fruedian psycho-babble with Carroll before posting. I await his explaining your heresy to you.

When making an argument that Depression is a Disease (big D indicating that it is *medically* treatable), your credibility would be more sound if you left Frued out of it. Unless, of course, you want to point out the 'ego' on an anatomy chart for us.

What you are really doing is using his 'disease' as an insult or put-down, which I thought was part of your objection to his attitude to begin with.

Joseph Noonan Houston, TX jfn1 at msc.com