Martin Mayer

Forstater, Mathew ForstaterM at umkc.edu
Thu Aug 31 09:39:28 PDT 2000

Just resubbed after a year or more, so I don't know if any other discussion re: Mayer has preceded this. I don't know about this particular book, but Mayer was influenced by Minsky's financial instability hypothesis, which (in some forms) has a marxish flavor. See his Levy Institute working paper no. 232 for his interpretation of the Asian financial crisis as a "textbook" example of Minsky's fih.

mat

From: Doug Henwood [mailto:dhenwood at panix.com]:

JKSCHW at aol.com wrote:

>What do you think of Martin Mayer's 1988 book Markets?

Haven't read it. How does Mayer write so many books? How does Michael Perelman write so many books. Writing one every 3 years nearly kills me.

Doug