Fw: [ASDnet] What Went Wrong for Ralph?

John Kawakami johnk at cyberjava.com
Fri Dec 1 01:31:10 PST 2000

nader failures 1. too quick to embrace numerous small issues of the "left" without question. 2. didn't push issues without very organized activist constituencies, like racial profiling, that would have really fit in with the big message. 3. lack of comment on current vote situation makes him look like an opportunist (which he is... and a damned good one).

at least that's what I disliked about him (really, I respect the guy, but...). His disingenuous embrace of small issues and activist hot topics were annoying, but the way these sheep-of-the-left flocked to the new shepherd was sad. Frankly, had he stuck with a more middle class economic agenda, and worked in working class issues framed in the language of racial equity, he'd probably have really helped the greens by opening them up to the real world :-)

--

-------------------------------------- John Kawakami johnk at cyberjava.com, johnk at firstlook.com