FW: Racial Blind Spot Continues to Afflict Greens

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Dec 1 12:38:50 PST 2000

Max Sawicky wrote:

>We would like to see Al Gore
>make black voter disenfranchisement an enduring issue
>and fight for permanent remedies. But we know that's
>not who he is.

Where were Gore & Co. on this before the election? Have the Dems ever made a significant issue of this? I sure haven't heard a peep. After all, if your strategy is to court white southerners - and wasn't that a good deal of the DLC was all about? remember how Gore was supposed to sweep Super Tuesday in '88? - then you don't want to make too much noise about racism at the polling station.

Doug