The Color of Money

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 3 23:37:02 PST 2000

--- Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote: >
> I agree that it's no easy undertaking. The point I
> would like to
> emphasize on this list at this point is, though,
> that it would take a
> political struggle of on the order of World War 2 or
> (as you note) an
> even greater one to abolish racism.

hrrrrmmmm ... isn't the key to this whole thing the phenomenon that Public Enemy identified on the Fear of a Black Planet album .... that the combination of a white person plus a black person tends to produce a black person. Given the utter intractability of the theoretical and practical issue, why bother to struggle against a problem which is likely to be smoothed out by Brownian motion over the next couple of hundred years?

dd

===== “It is necessarily part of the business of a banker to maintain appearances and to profess a conventional respectability which is more than human. Life-long practices of this kind make them the most romantic and the least realistic of men” -- JM Keynes