Resistance is a Hydra

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Dec 4 07:15:37 PST 2000

At 12:22 PM 12/4/00 +0200, Christopher B. Hajib-Niles wrote:

> > On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Christopher B. Hajib-Niles wrote:
> >
> > > uh, dennis, you still have not answered my question...
> >
> > Getting the right answer is much less important than asking the right
> > question.
>
>kelly, are you listening...?
>
>chris niles
> >
> > -- Dennis

having read dennis for nearly three years and being familiar with the intellectual tradition he works in, i think he's making a theoretical point. not to put words in his mouth, but a little, yes, i think he's trying to say that sometimes a blueprint with all the answers is destructive of the very freedom we hope to achieve and that it's better to be critical critiques, asking the right (good?) questions than to imagine we have the answers.

shuckin' and jivin'? yeah sure. very white, upper middle class academic. but, trying to pin someone down by insisting they've answered a question precisely to your specifications and to get them to concede defeat is.....what?

kelley