The Color of Money

Mon Dec 4 08:30:48 PST 2000

>>> furuhashi.1 at osu.edu 12/02/00 10:35PM >>>

I agree that it's no easy undertaking. The point I would like to emphasize on this list at this point is, though, that it would take a political struggle of on the order of World War 2 or (as you note) an even greater one to abolish racism. It doesn't do to deconstruct whiteness in theory, however well-intentioned deconstructors might be. One can't analyze whiteness to death.

CB: Yes, or an American based metaphor is that we need the political-moral equivalent of the Civil War.