"Dumbass 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'" Policy

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Wed Dec 6 10:42:07 PST 2000

Clinton defending what happened on the gays in the military policy, says in ROLLING STONE this week that it was only after the Senate voted by a veto-proof margin to attack the policy that "it was only then that I worked out with Colin Powell this dumbass 'don't ask, don't tell' thing." And he argues the original policy was the right one.

Clinton also specifically mentions support for a bill in Congress to restore the right to vote to all felons when their sentences have been discharged. He notes that in Arkansas, he changed the law there to restore the right to vote to all ex-felons.

Sorry folks, I read the interview and compare it to the major league asshole who is about to take office, and lesser-evilism never looked more justified.

Actually, his own analysis of how he screwed up in 1993-94 is pretty harsh and in-depth.

-- Nathan Newman