Science

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 7 18:12:36 PST 2000

>The earth was not flat when scientists thought it was, it was round. The
>consensus caught up with the truth of the matter, it did not create it.

Of course I agree with this. But the reason we have to believe, most of us, that the earth is round, is that that's these cientific consensus; and it's the consensus that makes for, indeed constitutes, scienmtific respectbility. I am a scientific realist of a rather strong sort, but I am a pragmatist in epistemolofy.

--jks _____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com