Global Warming

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 22:11:03 PST 2000

In message <002b01c0604b$fcf1e9a0$38b30e18 at sprgfld1.mo.home.com>, John Thornton <jthorn16 at home.com> writes
>I was under the impression that both these gentlemen (Balling & Michaels)
>had had their criticisms thrashed soundly by the IPCC, Dr. Bert Bolin, and
>even by another 'climate change' skeptic Richard Lindzen of MIT.

Your impression is wrong.

>I have read
>some of the IPCC's papers and have read Ballings and Michaels charges
>against them. I have read the rebuttals to their charges and can frequently
>see for myself where their mistakes are.

And what are they?

> Although as I said before I am not
>an expert in this matter.

But you feel quite confident to put these climatologists straight.

> Since the Kyoto conference is more political than
>anything else I don't think it is intended be the definitive word on climate
>change.

Isn't that the problem: the 'science' of global warming is following the political exigencies of Kyoto.

>As far as I can tell the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate
>Change would be the place to start for relatively unbiased scientific
>information on this issue.

United Nations = relatively unbiased. Surreal. It's a political, not a scientific body. -- James Heartfield