Nader Bash Continues

Nancy Bauer/Dennis Perrin bauerperrin at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 8 04:14:47 PST 2000

After taking a few weeks off, the Nader bashers are back and better than ever. At the end of his Nation column this week, Eric Alterman congratulates Nader for helping Bush appoint Andrew Card as the next White House Chief of Staff. Then, turning to today's Times, we find Thomas Friedman, Man of the People, blaming Nader for global warming. I don't read Conason or Alter or Quindlen, but I'm confident they'll add their tears to the mix, lamenting Gore's defeat as humanity's loss. Once Bush takes power, they can resume their fantasy talk about what Gore would or wouldn't do, unencumbered by a pathetic, pitiful, sputtering Gore campaign.

DP