The Living Dead (was The End: was Re: Max Weber's Genteel Racism)

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Dec 8 11:50:53 PST 2000

. . . The Monster that keeps coming back to life is
>Commodity Fetishism.

It is metaphorically fitting that George Romero's _Night of the Living Dead_ was released in 1968 & _Dawn of the Dead_ in 1978. Yoshie

Well this Weber thread has finally wandered into an area of my expertise. I own all four Romero LD moves and watch them often.

The LD are not monsters that come back to life. They were not monsters to begin with, but you and me. When they come 'back' they are not as they were. Nor are they living. They just seem that way. Like the Democratic Party.

mbs

"They're us."