The Game Is Afoot

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Dec 8 13:44:01 PST 2000

At 01:15 PM 12/8/00 -0800, Leo Casey wrote:
>So now that the count will be done, Gore is almost
>sure to go ahead and win the Florida vote.
>
>Are we heading to constitutional crisis?

my money's on the florida leg. voting in their own electors and flipping the bird at the FL SC. someone on another list keeps mentioning that a lot of the legislators are on their last term. they do not risk losing the next election b/c they can't run. there's nothing unconstitutional about doing it and they repukes will just pain the FL S.C. as a bunch of partisan dems. frankly, i'd say that all of it would be better analyzed in terms of good ole states rights issues.

kelley