Weber against Marx (was Re: Nullities)

Fri Dec 8 14:48:00 PST 2000

>>> jkschw at hotmail.com 12/08/00 05:37PM >>>
Imagine how many Webers Lenin was worth.

Depends on what you want one for. Weber is one of the towering figures

CB: If I want one big statute, maybe Weber.

of western (ha!) untellectual hsitory; as a social theorist, he stands with Marx and Durkheim in the usual classification; I would say, raelly with Marx alone--I think Durkeim can't touch em. Lenin isn't a bad social theorist in a pinch, and of course Weber was no organizer, but Lenin can't claim a shred of Weber's depth and breadth of learning and profound originality.

CB: You must not have comprehended Lenin. His learning would cover Weber like a tent. His originality is revolutionary.

((((((((

These days, I am a lot more likely to turn to Weber than to Lenin.

CB: Uhhuh