Lennon

Nancy Bauer/Dennis Perrin bauerperrin at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 10 15:54:20 PST 2000

>From: "pms"

>ps. Whoever it was that called John Lennon a hypocrite, why do you say
>that? I'd like to know what you're talking about.

That was me. It's simple: Lennon and his wife Yoko droned on and on about loving others, being kind, spreading peace, etc, when in fact they essentially iced Lennon's son Julian out of the family. After Lennon was killed, it was revealed that he left most everything to Yoko and their son Sean -- and practically nothing to Julian. He fought to get a small piece of the Lennon fortune, and did, but it took some effort. Not that I especially care about Julian Lennon's bank account; but from this distance I see his father as being a misanthrope, a negligent dad and, yes, a hypocrite. "Imagine" going on the Mike Douglas show and phoning complete strangers to tell them you "love" them, but in private stiffing your first born because he doesn't fit into your new "artistic" arrangement. Asshole Beatle.

DP