Appropriate Homage to John Lennon by Castro and Giuliani

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Sun Dec 10 19:09:47 PST 2000

On the 20th anniversary of John Lennon's murder. Castro helps unveil a statue at a rally in Havana: "Mr Castro said he was sorry he never met the former Beatle. Echoing the lines of Lennon's song Imagine, Mr Castro said: 'I am a dreamer who has seen some of his dreams become reality.'"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_1062000/1062993.stm

And New York's fascist mayor Giuliani orders the arrest of the Lennon fans who gather in his memory near the site where he was murdered (outside the Dakota at 72nd Street & Central Park West in my neighborhood). "It is illegal in the United States of America to sell or smoke marijuana," he said. "The police were doing what they should be doing."

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/12/10/nyregion/10BUST.html

john mage