lbo-talk-digest V1 #3724 (Quote Kvetching)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Dec 11 07:16:00 PST 2000

Barry Rene DeCicco wrote:

>21 screens of pure gibberish - I'm guessing a picture.

Yes.

>Question - does anybody else have problems getting
>pictures sent through here, or is it just me?

I got it, but lots of people can't, which is why I'd rather people didn't send pictures or attachments of any sort. Plus they add lots of byte volume.

>I don't want to kvetch if it's not a problem affecting
>many people.

I have a kludgy filter on majordomo that's supposed to bounce attachments of any kind (it looks for the tag multipart/mixed) and it works most of the time; this one got through. Perhaps some resident Unix/majordomo expert can suggest a more precise specification. In any case, please don't send attachments to the list.

What's with those damned .vcf's that get attached to lots of emails?

Doug