US Supreme Court's power grab (was Re: Query)

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 11 08:14:22 PST 2000

>Justin, Nathan, do you want to want to offer any hymns to the glory of the
>law today?

No, I am as incensed as you are. Scalia et al. have done more damage to the courts, the rule of law, and democracy than anything thaey could possibly have accused Clinton or the Warren Court of having done. The only benefit of this is that we don't have to listen to conservatives blathering on about the "activist judiciary" anymore, and the New Federalism, although of course it still has precedential force, has no intellectual clothes any more. I wish I thought the Dems would go to war, block everything Prez-appointee Shrub wants, lie down in the road and refuse to move. But of course they won't. It is one more reason they deserve to lose, --jks _____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com