US Supreme Court's power grab/ Law is politics/Flexibility of tactics

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Mon Dec 11 11:55:58 PST 2000

CB: "The Left should be furiously producing arguments and feelings that help to make the current events the basis for delegitimizing the Bush regime as much as possible. We should not be passive in the face of Wall Street Journal polls which are aimed at influencing public opinion in exactly the opposite manner that I say here. We should seek to build sentiment against the Supreme Court power move and the Bush presidency.

Arguments against Gore and Clinton are very untimely now. . . .

Suppose Gore and Clinton oppose the delegitimization of Bush and the S. Ct.? Do you doubt that, at some point when Bush's accession becomes an obvious inevitability, they will do just that? Goo-goo arguments for better voting machines and procedures are not a substitute for your recommendation.

What is the political message of defending someone who declines to defend themselves?

Come January 20, the only critic of the U.S. political system will be Ralph Nader. The other guys will be calling for unity, "for the good of the country."

mbs