Queen's Speech, NSPCC, Nice

JC Helary helary at eskimo.com
Mon Dec 11 11:00:59 PST 2000

Le Mon, Dec 11, 2000 a 10:16:00AM -0500, Doug Henwood a ecrit:
> James Heartfield wrote:
>
> >At a recent public meeting in London, anti-capitalist spokeswoman Naomi
> >Klein was at pains to reject the charge of economic nationalism. But her
> >protests only underline the point. Where the enemy is seen as the
> >foreign influence of global capitalism, local capitalism becomes the
> >ideal, if only by default. The point is all too clear in the promotion
> >of small business in anti-globalisation protestor George Monbiot's
> >recent book, The Captive State.
>
> I agree with these sentiments, but can we flesh out some details?
> What's a proper opposition to advocate?
>
> Doug

what about Ghandi's economic thought? he seems to have been criticized on the same ground but what he proposes is only a focus on local production to satisfy basic needs trying not to depend on imports. plus his propositions to include capitalists/landowners in the system (as trustees who have a resposability to support the local economy) is a way to invest stolen labor's product back to where it belongs. what about economic 'localism' instead of nationalism ?

jc helary