O Happy Day

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Wed Dec 13 20:09:55 PST 2000

Dennis R Redmond wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, kelley wrote:
>
> > i don't know, but it all brought back my torment prior to the
> > election. conservatives are a scary, slimey bunch. one would hope that
> > they will be gridlocked, but after this ruling?
>
> On the contrary, this whole election has been one gigantic millenium-fest.
> Not one single apparatus of our one-party state has escaped severe damage
> or delegitimation. Congress is hopelessly deadlocked. The Constitution
> looks exactly like what it truly is: a cotton rag, proclaiming the liberty
> of white propertied males to be white, propertied and male, inked in the
> blood of millions of slaves and indigenous Americans. Dubya came off as a
> spoiled brat who crashed his new Mercedes, only to be bailed out by Jeb
> Boy. The verminous 18th century monstrosity known as the electoral college
> is cowering in the media spotlight, with nowhere to hide. The devious
> slimecreature known as Gore was sent packing. A genetically identical but
> much stupider and less slick slimecreature took its place, in a fine
> example of the reverse cranial evolution which has typified the ecological
> decline of Bananamerica (Ike, Nixon, Reagan... Shrub). And wouldn't you
> know it, even the Supreme Court has managed to land facefirst in the
> lovely estuary of the Great Floridian Swamp. There's just no downside to
> any of this, anywhere. Dubya is that rarest of all gifts to an opposition,
> a genuine horse's ass, the Louis XVI of postmodernism.

Well, it's been a fucking excellent year for us anarchists. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined this perfect delegitimation of the political process.

It must be pretty bad or Gore would have spent most of his speech tonight talking about America, God, and the need for other countries to respect the U.S.A. How many times did he say "America" in five minutes?

This is simply perfect. The icing on the cake is that there will be thousands of pissed-off progressives who won't be lulled by the false alternative of an Al Gore administration. I know some of them will waste their time building the Green Party, but many others will be motivated to get involved again in grassroots politics and direct action.

I'm hoping a few more of you on this list hit the streets too. Some of you need to get out of your ivory towers and realize that most people don't care about your postmodernist Marxist blather. The academic circle jerk is over guys. Get out there and raise some hell.

<< Chuck0 >>

This was the year *everything* changed.

-- Commander Ivanova, 2261

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/

Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe