O Happy Day

Dennis Perrin/Nancy Bauer bauerperrin at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 14 04:06:03 PST 2000

>I'm hoping a few more of you on this list hit the streets too. Some of
>you need to get out of your ivory towers and realize that most people
>don't care about your postmodernist Marxist blather. The academic circle
>jerk is over guys. Get out there and raise some hell.
>
><< Chuck0 >>

Amen, brother. I too find most of the chat here irrelevant to the point of absurdity (hey! let's throw a birthday party for Lenin!). While I do learn from some of economics exchanges, the bulk of LBO talk is, as you say, a circle jerk, performed with latex gloves. To quote the timeless Oingo Boingo, "When was the last time you dug a ditch, baby?!" ("Capitalism" from their 1981 album "Only A Lad.")

DP