Swan Song

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 14:30:29 PST 2000

MBS wrote:

>Sure was, and I've forgotten it already. But I bless Al for his very
>blandness and bogus bonhomie. He didn't leave the Republicans any
>handholds. There's no way the GOP can cry foul and say Gore's undercutting
>their guy. I have every confidence the Bush Administration will be
>virtually DOA and that W will prove the greatest presidential fuckup of all
>time. The trick will be for the Democrats to give him enough room to do so
>-- for them to be quietly obstructionistic without coming across as harshly
>adversarial. Gore's exit, chuckling, routine makes for a good start.
>Carl
>

>I'm not sure about W's impending political death.
>We shouldn't forget that Cheney is a very smart
>guy,

With a very weak ticker.

>and W has been thru the experience of working
>with a legislature not under his thumb in Texas.

The TX legislature? Bunch of local-shmocal part-timers. W's going to find the challenge of wrestling with the U.S. Congress is a whole different order of magnitude.

Carl _____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com