Swan Song

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Dec 14 07:07:11 PST 2000

At 08:32 AM 12/14/00 -0500, Max wrote:
>I'm not sure about W's impending political death.
>We shouldn't forget that Cheney is a very smart
>guy, and W has been thru the experience of working
>with a legislature not under his thumb in Texas.

Also, do not forget the Great Communicator who, while brain dead, have been very effective in letting the shadowy figures behind the scenes making all decisions, and then communicationg those decisions to the populace. So the traditon of Puppet Presidency has been alredy established.

The only problem Short Count George faces is that, unlike the Great Communicator, he is incapable of uttering a passage communicating a coherent train of thought - which may be a hindrance to him being an efficient tool of his puppet masters. That may call for an early replacement in 4 years.

As for Cheney, he indeed is dangerously cunning. But on the bright side, just had a heart attack, so let's hope his expiry date is near.

wojtek