Swan Song

Steve Perry sperry at usinternet.com
Thu Dec 14 07:29:57 PST 2000

yeah, max. bush is intellectually lazy but quite canny politically, as ivins/dubose argue pretty effectively in their book. he'll be to the christian right what clinton was to the liberals--grinning at them while he pisses down their leg, all the while keeping wall st. and the corporate suites foremost on radar.

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Max Sawicky Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2000 7:32 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: RE: Swan Song

Sure was, and I've forgotten it already. But I bless Al for his very blandness and bogus bonhomie. He didn't leave the Republicans any handholds. There's no way the GOP can cry foul and say Gore's undercutting their guy. I have every confidence the Bush Administration will be virtually DOA and that W will prove the greatest presidential fuckup of all time. The trick will be for the Democrats to give him enough room to do so -- for them to be quietly obstructionistic without coming across as harshly adversarial. Gore's exit, chuckling, routine makes for a good start. Carl

I'm not sure about W's impending political death. We shouldn't forget that Cheney is a very smart guy, and W has been thru the experience of working with a legislature not under his thumb in Texas.

mbs