legitimation crisis postponed?

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Thu Dec 14 08:09:44 PST 2000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com>

>12/14/00 - Eight in Ten Americans to Accept Bush as "Legitimate"

-"Postponed" is right. We'll see how legit the folks think this buffoon is -when the recession starts digging in.

Even the numbers in the poll show a significant minority thinking the vote was shut down by the Court for partisan reasons. The legitimation crisis already exists in a large minority of the population. That is the group we can begin mobilizing now. The rest will follow when Bush fails to deliver on the basic progressive expectations demanded by a lot of folks. A recession will just raise it to crisis levels.

-- Nathan