Pay up Seth!

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Thu Dec 14 08:38:49 PST 2000

Leo,

Following in the footsteps of our good Vice President, I accept the legitimacy of the Bush victory, however much I may disagree with the SC decision giving it to him :) So pay up Seth!

Now, in the case of a dispute on the bet, we could appeal to the highest tribunal of LBO, but my faith in the impartiality of judges has, as Justice Stevens worried, been shaken by this whole ordeal, so I might find myself accusing Doug of partisan decisionmaking - and I would not want to see the legitmacy of this hallowed list infected by the rancor of this election.

So I think we will have to stick with the results of the electoral college as certified by the one vote margin in the Supreme Court. So pay up Seth!

-- Nathan