scandalous voting machines

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Dec 14 09:36:19 PST 2000

New York Press - December 14, 2000

Votescam 2000 The Real Scandal Is the Voting Machines Themselves

The ongoing electoral insanity has confirmed something that I and a small number of people who have occasionally thought about these things have known for a while: Over the past three-and-a-half decades we in the United States have sold out our election process-which, unless I'm very much mistaken, is the foundation of our democracy (such as it is)-to a small but lucrative cadre of for-profit businesses and their wildly defective products[....]

Rest at <http://nypress.com/content.cfm?content_id=3261&now=12/14/2000&content_section=1>