O Happy Day

W. Kiernan WKiernan at concentric.net
Thu Dec 14 16:43:50 PST 2000

Yoshie Furuhashi quoted Oscar Wilde:

> To sweep it with joy would be appalling. Man is made for something
> better than disturbing dirt. All work of that kind should be done by
> a machine.

God, this dumb guy should have seen how happy I was driving across the jobsite after we'd got done staking all this curb just three hours ago! My crew think I'm mad but their souls are dead to beauty. All those lovely lines and arcs of little orange flags! Really it's hard to believe a fellow artist could be so unsympathetic.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net