lbo-talk-digest V1 #3742 (Quote Kvetching)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Dec 15 08:17:56 PST 2000

Daniel Davies wrote:

>I wholly support Barry's campaign against excessive
>quotage. However, in the best spirit of lbo-talk, I
>would like to at this point express my support for his
>campaign by ridiculing it, accusing him of basically
>being a tool of the overquoters and generally to imply
>that his efforts are worthless unless he joins my own
>personal campaign against the word "ilk" and the
>clause "different than".
<snip>
>Meanwhile, I prepare to protest like a wounded fawn if
>Doug points out that overposting is the real issue,
>rather than overquoting or irritating grammar.

No, neither over-posting, over-quoting, nor irritating grammar is the real issue!

I hereby declare, on behalf of Carrol Cox & Michael Hoover, a campaign against over-concentrating on electoral politics, and in doing so, I cordially & publicly invite our anarchist brothers & sisters to join the campaign, forming a united front (whilst maintaining our independent politics) against compulsive & obsessive attention to Bush/Gore, especially fetishistic studies of opinion polls which both anarchists & the "curmudgeon tendency" of the Marxist tradition deplore as insufferably & irredeemably petit-bourgeois!

Anarchists & Marxists of LBO-talk, unite & post on non-electoral issues!

Yoshie