Paging Constitutional scholars

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Fri Dec 15 11:01:34 PST 2000

> -clip-
> Since Scalia has come out with the idea that there is
> no Constitutional right to vote for President, and
> therefore presumably the Florida Legislature can
> appoint any electors it damn well pleases, I decided
> to look up the actual language.
>
> (((((((((
> CB: As much as I don't trust the Supreme Court, I doubt that even they
would actually make a holding explicitly based on this as the principle of law ( even though as you say later in your post, the language in the Constitution and the earlier practice gives some support to that interpretation ). Michael Hoover posted on this. But we shall see.

I did? Michael Hoover (I'm not a constitutional scholar nor do I play on e-lists or tv)