O Happy Day

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sat Dec 16 11:00:51 PST 2000

>Up to the point when I posted my message, and generally still
>continuing, people have been assuming different definitions
>of the term _work_, and then arguing about the particulars of
>each as if they were talking about the same thing. Another
>curious elision is recognition of personal aptitude and taste.

i think that only one person assumed a definition of work that didn't have to be defended. perhaps two: chuck and dennis. catherine and i and doug and yoshie and carrol have all had to consider the varieties of definitions of work. cat and i have clearly indicated that we've had the assumed def., work crammed down our throats most of our lives.

it's unfortunate that folks don't "get" that.

kelley