Hard work

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au
Sat Dec 16 21:25:17 PST 2000

Oh Chuck what garbage -- and here I thought you were being ironic -- seriously I did -- I thought no one so obviously intelligent could believe that idiocy and so on... but there you go... just when I think I can't get more cynical I discover that I am in fact naive.

Is this a wonder or a tragedy?

I work hard every day, far harder than if I was just working for my own interests. And no shovels need be involved. How tragic is it that people feel the need to succumb to this fantasy that all I (for example) can do in the world is dig and feel good about it.

Catherine