LBO a comedy free zone?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Dec 17 09:58:24 PST 2000

>Lisa & Ian Murray wrote:
>
>>No offense was intended, period.
>>
>>Is humor becoming totally illegitimate to "the left"
>
>Not to this outpost, I hope.
>
>Doug

I insist, however, upon comedy of the highest order. If you can't write an entertaining post without resorting to old standbys, you've got a problem:

At 6:37 PM -0800 12/16/00, Lisa & Ian Murray wrote:
> > AHA! m-c-m translates as motherfuckin-cocksuckin-motherfucker
> > TLA.
> > kelley
>*******
>I believe you've omitted the more elaborate and "proper" algorithm of
>working class anger: motherfuckin-cocksuckin-capitalist-motherfucker
>Ian
>[is this kvetcherly correct?]

On LBO-talk, comedy should go above the level of _Meet the Parents_ (much of its "comedy" relies upon the "real" name of the protagonist played by Ben Stiller: "Gaylord Focker"), _Scary Movie_, _There's Something about Mary_, etc.

Shouldn't be a difficult request, given the stellar cast of regular posters....

Yoshie