US Elections, Yob Culture

Peter Kosenko kosenko at netwood.net
Mon Dec 18 12:08:25 PST 2000

http://www.bartleby.com/61/18/Y0021800.html

SYLLABICATION: yob PRONUNCIATION: yb

NOUN : Chiefly British Slang A rowdy, aggressive, or violent young man.

ETYMOLOGY: Alteration of boy spelled backward.

You know, young soccer hooligans, skinheads, or Alex from "A Clockwork Orange."

The Brits often don't bother to explain it when they use it, it is apparently so common now.

Peter Kosenko

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Adam Pressler <adampopulist at yahoo.com> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:14:11 -0800 (PST)