Leonard Peltier

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 18 12:45:09 PST 2000

I am not here taking a position on his case. I am pointing out the basis of the argument for clemency and the disconnect from the notion that he should not be supported because of his ideas. He's not asking for support for those ideas, if he still holds them, but for release because he says he didn't do anything. If he did, then on his own terms, he ought not be released. I don't know whether he did or not. I know little about the case. But I do know something about the FBI, eh? Their record with political radicalism is not what it should be. Isn't that enough to help create a little doubt in your mind?

--jks