Colin Powell

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 19 20:54:55 PST 2000

Before the war started
>there were press accounts of a terrifying, inhumane weapon the Iraqis might
>use. I forget the name but it entailed spraying a fine, flammable mist over
>a wide area, then igniting it, creating a huge fireball. Of course, it was
>the U.S. that used this weapon.

Fuel-Air Explosive. Nasty, evil shit. Did the US use it in the Gulf War? I wasn't aware of that.

> > Regarding Powell and My Lai, I have to wonder if this > indictment
>satisfies the needs of some, present company > excluded, for some kind of
>veiled political attack on veterans > who served in Viet Nam, or veterans
>in general.

Does this refer to the ridiculous and unfounded myth that Vietnam vets were spit upon, called baby killers and the like, by antiwar activists? There is no rel;iable ervidence that this ever happened anywhere. The antiwar movement was pretty clear that the vets were not the problem, and there was good antiwar activism by vest that movement organizers outside the military supported. The only people whoo spit on vets are in the US Government, which regularly cuts off vets' benefits, gives them substandard treament in the VA hospitals, and generally treats the men and women who served their country like garbage. --jks