Hard work

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 19 23:24:55 PST 2000

--- Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote: >
> cities -- Youngstown, Ohio, Daniel?

I'll give it a go. I doubt it can be appreciably worse than Liverpool 8 (which is what the council would have us call Toxteth, even 18 years after the riots). Even the danger of getting shot is probably about the same. Anything's better than the f'kng countryside.

The B of E used to have a mentoring scheme whereby young central bankers would help kids in Stepney or somewhere with their maths homework, and I'd certainly support something similar being made compulsory today.

So I suppose I do support forced labour after all.

dd

===== “It is necessarily part of the business of a banker to maintain appearances and to profess a conventional respectability which is more than human. Life-long practices of this kind make them the most romantic and the least realistic of men” -- JM Keynes