AOHell

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Dec 20 12:18:44 PST 2000

Leo, you should be able to use AOHell. you don't have to resort to web based mail.

right now, i'vehad to resort to AOHell as a backup because my cable modem thru GTE.net decided to take a dive. So, I looked at the settings to see why you're having a problem. First, just be sure that when you send mail to lbo that you don't use colored fonts. When you compose a message, there is a tool bar at the top of the blank white space. On the left is the font and font size settings. Make sure they are in a readable font: arial 12 is good. There are buttons for Bold, Italic, Underline. don't click on them. Don't use center or right justify text settings. There are also setting to change the font color and page background. don't use them save to ensure that the text is black and the background is white.

for anyone who uses AOHell, you can change to conventional "internet quote" or "reply to" settings like so:

>I haven't been able to get my Yahoo page all day,

>so I am forced to send this

>out of AOL. Sorry for any inconvenience.

rather than trademark AOHell reply to carrots like so

>I haven't been able to get my Yahoo page all day, so I am forced to send this out of AOL. Sorry for any inconvenience.<

you have no need to use web mail. it's a simple matter of using only plain text in black colors and a readable font.

kelley