Cockburn: The Coup

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Dec 20 13:50:11 PST 2000

Vikash Yadav wrote:

> Justin,
>
> I admire the idealism, and I agree that the Dems have disappointed or
> ignored key constituents.

After 64 years of absolute failure on the part of the left to influence the democratic party, I can't think of anything more idealistic, in fact utterly bubble-headed, than trying to change the Democratic Party. Why don't you try something relatviely easy, like persuading General Motors to finance the construction of a free public transportation system? You are living in a dream world.

Carrol