Yoshie Furuhashi (Quote Kvetching)

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Thu Dec 21 13:38:16 PST 2000

BARRY!

For a couple of years now it has happened repeatedly that Yoshie has selected a passage to post that has serendipitously fit with editing that I needed to get done. To select the relevant passage from all of what is on the web and in theory "accessible" is a service, perhaps a public service, but certainly it has been an appreciated service for me. It's among the main reasons I'm here.

> Why? Ego? I don't think that anybody's reading them -
> I certainly learned to scoll down past your long, useless
> dumps of material.

So you don't like the material and to you it's "useless." I totally disagree. And know of no reason in what I've ever done that obliges me even to explain myself to you, let alone defer to your judgment. So stop this worse than useless personal attack. Accept the fact that you are not Public Opinion ... or more to the point are becoming like that obnoxious 'L'Opinion publique' in Offenbach's _Orphée aux enfers_ ("To hell with Orpheus") who struts with great self-importance onto the stage to "hand out the palm or the anathema".

john mage