Anti-Inaugural Protests

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Thu Dec 21 21:29:40 PST 2000

They are a front for the Workers World Party- basic ideology is what they call global class war, which means defending China's policy down to shooting people in Tianenmen Square. But they are pretty good at building coalitions for one-day protests - in fact that is their major skill - so more power to them and everyone endorsing the J20 actions. Many of the Seattle, A16 and Philadelphia folks are mobilizing for J20 and the National Lawyers Guild is already mobilizing to provide legal support.

So anyone who can should get their butts down to DC. I'm going to be in San Francisco myself but I'm pleased (but not surprised) to find they are holding a West Coast parallel protest in downtown SF as well. So, as they are saying, "Hail to the Thief!"

-- Nathan Newman

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Kromm" <ckromm at mindspring.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2000 10:38 PM Subject: Anti-Inaugural Protests

Think I'm approaching daily limit, but I was hoping someone could give background on the Jan. 20 anti-inaugural protests in D.C.? What are the politics of the International Action Center? CK