(p)opulism

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 24 14:43:33 PST 2000

Carrol is right, or at least, I'd say it takes a vocabulary, anyway, and a set of coherent messages. But that doesn't address the question, and I know Carrol didn't say it did, of what the vocabulary should be, or the short list of messages either. The language of classical Marxism doesn't seem to be on the table, though. The ideas are something else. If they are true, to the extent that they are true, they are on the table. But maybe we need a new way to express those truths, or an old but plain one. --jks