Rape

oudies at flash.net oudies at flash.net
Tue Feb 1 07:40:07 PST 2000

>Consider the following facts:
>
>• Most rape victims are women of childbearing age.

and what, then, explains rapes of women of non-childbearing age? if those things happen then clearly the theory is limited. furthermore, below they maintain that the numbers are disproprotionate. disproportionate to what? to population or just that far few post and pre menopausal women are raped.

have they checked this out historically comparing avg ages over decades? what about incestuous rape?

and, if this is about the drive to reproduction, then is there evidence that 1, rape is a successful strategy [do raped women get pregnant?] and 2. that men rape women who are ovulating those precious 2days out of 30?

as for one, they slide out of that one by suggesting that rape is the strategy of the losers --wimps who lose in the contest with other men or who aren't successful or who have a rotten "bedside" manner. okeydoke. so driven to spread their seed but wihtout access to women/receptacles for it, they must rape.

they do not answer 2 at all. does anyone know if the incidence of het sex in general is higher at ovulation than at other times. it would seem to me that that trait would have reproduced itself somewhere down the line. people would be more apt to reproduce themselves if they were capable of sensing prime time for penetration [at the main bank and not at branch banks for them thar deposits neither!!]

>• Married women and women of childbearing age experience more psychological
>distress after a rape than do girls, single women or women who are past
>menopause.

well, yosh, at least they didn't say that it's coz the non-married women are grateful.

> Why, then, have the editors of scholarly journals refused to publish
> Over vast periods of evolutionary time, men and women have confronted
>quite different
>reproductive challenges. Whereas fathers can share the responsibilities of
>child rearing, they do not
>have to. Like most of their male counterparts in the rest of the animal
>kingdom, human males can
>reproduce successfully with a minimal expenditure of time and energy ; once
>the brief act of sexual
>intercourse is completed, their contribution can cease. By contrast, the
>minimum effort required for a
>woman to reproduce successfully includes nine months of pregnancy and a
>painful childbirth.
>Typically, ancestral females also had to devote themselves to prolonged
>breast-feeding and many
>years of child care if they were to ensure the survival of their genes. In
>short, a man can have many
>children, with little inconvenience to himself; a woman can have only a
>few, and with great effort.

this is the most absurd statement i've ever read in my life. apparently, men's drive to reproduce extends only to the drive to spread the[ir] word among as many different receptacles as possible, whereas women's similar drive binds them, absolutely, to raising those babies so that they actually survive. sort of the shotgun approach for men, eh?

>Men today find
>young women attractive
>because during human evolutionary history the males who preferred
>prepubescent girls or women too
>old to conceive were outreproduced by the males who were drawn to females
>of high reproductive
>potential. And women today prefer successful men because the females who
>passed on the most
>genes, and thereby became our ancestors, were the ones who carefully
>selected partners who could
>best support their offspring. That is why, as the anthropologist Donald
>Symons of the University of
>California, Santa Barbara, has observed, people everywhere understand sex
>as "something females
>have that males want."

i still wanna know why heiffers are always humping other heiffers, why my dog jake used to hump everything that he thought humpable and why anton's dogs are so kinky too!

> THE MATING GAME
>
> A dozen roses, romantic dinners by candlelight, a Tiffany engagement
>ring: the classic
>courtship ritual requires lots of time, energy and careful attention to
>detail.

heh. this is as good as that engagement ring advert -- only two months salary buoyz! god, and here i once almost gave it up for dinner at the A&W in that camaro.

But people are far from
>unique in that regard: the males of most animal species spend much of their
>energies attracting,
>wooing and securing sexual partners. The male woodcock, for instance,
>performs a dramatic display
>each spring at mating time, soaring high into the air and then tumbling to
>the ground. Male fireflies are
>even flashier, blinking like neon signs. The male bowerbird builds a
>veritable honeymoon cottage: an
>intricate, sculpted nest that he decorates with flowers and other colorful
>bric-a-brac. Male deer and
>antelope lock antlers in a display of brute strength to compete for
females.

and the final insult: buoys are prettier than grrls!

>studied in depth—males have two well-formulated strategies for mating.
>Either they offer the female a nuptial gift (a mass of hardened saliva they
>have produced, or a dead insect) or they chase a female
>and take her by force.

i don't know about the rest a you grrlz who consort with buoyz on occassion, but rilly, l i'd rather be taken by force than give it up for an ossified hawker [spilling?] too.

> A remarkable feature of these scorpionflies is an appendage that seems
>specially designed for
>rape. Called the notal organ, it is a clamp on the top of the male’s
>abdomen with which he can grab
>on to one of the female’s forewings during mating, to prevent her escape.

i've seen this in the Kama Sutra, i swear.

kelley

"So, what [Deep Throat] is "about" is how this woman finds fulfillment by having her clitoris stimulated. It just had an odd location."

--Esteemed professor of English Rhetoric,George Trail (rhetorically speaking, of course)