yoshie speaks for subaltern female dolphins and bonobos

Tue Feb 1 22:36:48 PST 2000

Of course I meant to add (in capitals)

>Kitcher goes on to make the same point AS KELLY that such a theory cannot
>without >special pleading explain rape on juveniles, on women past the age
>of
>menopause, and on members of the same sex. Indeed such acts may radically
>detract from fitness as these evo biologists have defined it.

rb

Since I am over posted, let me note here

ps1that Jane Slaughter's comment on the AFL CIO in the latest New Politics is quite excellent.

ps2. There was a report in the NYT today about how retirement of the US' long term debt was undermining fed attempts in some such way . Seemed pretty important to understand. Read it too quickly.