the other Kissinger on public executions

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Sat Feb 5 19:13:57 PST 2000

Doug Henwood wrote:

> One of the prominent left leaders of the Free Mumia coalition
> apparently is no principled opponent of capital punishment. Someone
> just sent me this morsel - what he had to say a few years ago about
> the Chinese approach to the drug war (emphasis in original):
>
> >This revolutionary policy treated all poor people as brothers and
> >sisters. Poor addicts and dealers got ``A WAY OUT'' of the drug
> >trade. They were given jobs and were encouraged to join the struggle
> >for a new society. A different approach was taken toward the
> >big-time drug traffickers who got rich off the suffering of the
> >people. They were classified "Enemies of the People." These big-time
> >criminals were put on trial in front of thousands of people. People
> >whose lives were ruined by drugs testified against them. These
> >big-time oppressors got COLD HARD JUSTICE: life in prison or public
> >execution. There weren't many such executions -- only five or ten in
> >the largest cities.
>
> Only five or ten, wouldn't want to get carried away!

Heh heh.

This other Kissinger would be of the "Clark" variety? I've been doing some asking around of activists I know. Apparently he has quite a closet full of skeletons from the early 90s.

RCP!

--

<< Chuck0 >> Homepage: http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/ Mid-Atlantic Infoshop: http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review: http://flag.blackened.net/apr/ ICQ# 62766441

Free Leonard Peltier! http://www.freepeltier.org/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe