FW: If you can't beat'em, slur'em: ABC attacks organic food

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Sun Feb 6 20:46:33 PST 2000

I went up against Fumento in the San Diego Union-Tribune a number of years ago on the Americans with Disabilities Act. He was calling for its demise. There was one bit of truth to what Fumento said in his piece. Taking the side of small business and criticizing the lack of activism from corporations to undo the ADA, Fumento said that no corporate CEO in his right mind would oppose an Act that everyone thinks is to help Stevie Wonder (or something like that). I agree for a different reason. Corporations know there are enough loopholes in it because it was drafted by Repugnants. It was a free enterprise civil rights law with lots of wriggle room.

I had no idea he was affiliated with the Hudson Institute. Thanks for the background info.

Marta